I’m keeping David’s picture in this post because it is so damn beautiful. I love city life, I really do. The noise, the chaos, the cars and the people out at all hours of the night. The night life is the best in a city. There is ALWAYS something to do. Then you see the first light of day coming up through the high rises. The chaos slows. Then you feel the warmth and promise of a new day. And of course you get your first coffee at Starbucks and all is right with the world. Thank you David Kanigan for the nomination. I know I’m silly, but I tell you every time I get a nomination it makes me giddy. Makes me feel like my words matter, to at least one person. That’s an incredible feeling. It is.
Oh and I LOVED what David said about my blog when he was accepting his nomination, strap in for the ride. (Giggle, snort!)
Just the seven facts, ma’am:
1. I’m extremely impulsive. I’m working on controlling this issue, but you know, I’m impulsive!
2. I’m a HUGE quotes whore. HUGE. Here’s one of my favorites: (“You know, I’m not like a car that you can fix up. I’m never going to run right.” – Bella Swan, New Moon)
3. Love to read. Hate the Kindle. Would rather stand in an old book store all day long and find books to read. I have shelves full of books at home. They’re double stacked. The damn shelves bow they’re so weighed down.
4. Love to swim but fear deep water. The only time I’ve never been afraid was in the Caribbean Sea. I even snorkeled. Since I could see to the bottom, I had no fear.
5. Want to write a book. Have a chapter finished and the ending. I read the ending a couple of weeks ago and cried. Told Roger Darling it was time to get cracking on it again.
6. My daughter Meggie is getting married to her fiance Chris in 75 days. On a beach in Key West. It’s what she’s always wanted. I want to jump in the ocean after the ceremony but don’t want to ruin my dress for the dinner party that night.
7. I’m really a 24 year old Goth girl. Not a 44 year old Cougar. Shhhhhhh. Don’t tell anyone.
And one more thing. I believe in speaking my mind and telling the truth. Some people don’t like that about me. Some people love it. I hope you love it and stay awhile. There are more rants and short stories to come I’m sure. I’ve been a bit preoccupied with injuries to my body, mind, heart and spirit. I’m resilient though, and the stories will come again. Please do check out the blogs I’ve nominated. They fucking rock! You all know I HAD to say fuck at least once!!!! Oops I said it twice.🙂
- http://wax-wane.com/ (I love the photography, the stories that coincide with them and the photos of a young Paul Newman. Sigh.)
- http://storiesbywilliams.com/ (I don’t know why, but I love sci-fi and all that good junk. Matt writes so well on the genre. )
- http://help-me-rhonda.com/ (I know she’s been nominated before, but I just love her to pieces)
- http://thoughtsfromtheoutdoors.wordpress.com/ (David’s work is exemplary. Photography is beautiful and his words make me all twitterpated.)
- http://aslongasimsinging.wordpress.com/ (What can I say about t? Except he is me, but a boy I think. Hmmmm, I’m not sure. I sure do love his words though) (Oh yeah, and I’m a total music whore and he posts the best damn music that this former 80’s wild child loves!)
- http://paulaacton.wordpress.com/ (Love this woman!)
- http://catforsley.me/ (I can’t say enough about this sweet woman. Her words are beautiful. She makes me feel like a star. She’s my Punkin and I’m her MM)
- http://youjivinmeturkey.com/ (Bradley inspires me every day when he writes. Whether it’s a post of a famous quote or the telling of a sleepless night, his words move me.)
- http://michellesomer.wordpress.com/ (Michelle moves me with her words, but also with her want to live life. She is dealing with chronic illness, and gets her ass out of bed every day. She finds ways to enjoy life and find comfort. I so admire her for that.)
If you choose to accept the award (absolutely no obligation – just consider this as a thank you for your inspiring posts), the rules are: (1) Link back to the person who nominated you, (2) Post the award image to your page. (3) Tell seven facts about yourself (4) Nominate 5-10 other blogs, (5) Let them know they are nominated. Congratulations!
Have a great Hump Day… I do plan on doing just that when I get home!!!